Monthly Playlist: Candlelit Night (Piano Jazz)
When I think of the most relaxing night I can have, I picture myself sitting on my bed among fluffy pillows, a blanket underneath. I'd be wearing simple shorts and a tee, complete with my fuzzy reading socks. Surrounding me would be my fairy lights, and fresh aromas from either essential oils or candles. Soft jazz would be playing in the background, as a sip on a glass of moscato or champagne, writing away. The perfect night in.
Recently, I've found myself listening to a lot of jazz, especially with piano - it creates a kind of mood in me; something good, relaxing, introspective, and even somewhat nostalgic. This playlist includes selection from Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, as well as the Kapustin pieces that I have played. And I dare say this is one of my favourite playlists that I have curated so far, so I hope you enjoy it too. Best to listen to in a dark and warm environment that is all your own.
FUN FACT: the piano on the cover photo is signed by the legendary Oscar Peterson... and I've had the honour of playing it every week for the last three years. Of course, it had a part in inspiring me to learn and to further appreciate jazz.
- Stardust- Sonny Beckerlee
- Smile - Leigh Watershed
- Sonata No. 2, Op. 54: Largo (Kapustin) - Vito Reibaldi
- Fly Me To The Moon - Damien Sorbonne
- Peace Piece - Bill Evans
- Someday My Prince Will Come - Damien Sorbonne
- As Time Goes By - Isabella Ivanova
- Like Someone In Love - Bill Evans
- 24 Preludes, Op. 53: Prelude No. 5 in D Major (Kapustin) - Catherine Gordeladze
- Misty - Ahron Kupner
- A Time For Love - Bill Evans
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Adam Fincher
- Interlude No. 3 - Keith Jarrett
- 24 Preludes, Op. 53: Prelude No. 9 in E Major (Kapustin) - Catherine Gordeladze
- Summertime - Milos Strevic
- The Two Lonely People - Bill Evans
- Fly Me To The Moon - Bruce Douglas
- Köln, January 25, 1975 [Live] - Keith Jarrett